Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Monks:Ed Scholz Sage Commentary

Monks:Ed Scholz Sage Commentary 
By E Scholz

Can monks gain the advantage of a magic strength bonus?

 I say not with one exception perhaps : the gauntlets /girdle combo. As the bonus does not match actual strength score in that case, the bonus is clearly something else - related to strength but not a strength bonus.

      Monks don't get a dex AC bonus either, it is replaced by their natural AC (though they should get the better of the two, I think) I should see a monk giving up his level bonus to damage for raw strength with a melee, but they would hit as a 0 level character in that case as it s contrary to their dex style fighting style (using skill and pressure points rather than raw strength.)

  So yes, if they want to fight like a 0 level character. Borderline chaotic action, unless done for very good reason. From their perspective having a drunken brawl. Ignoring their training for a primitive "chaotic" style of fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment